Saturday, June 09, 2012

me? ... bed rest?

Some sobering news came our way on Wednesday when I went to a baby appointment. A couple weeks ago, the doctors discovered a slight issue and put me on medicine to stabilize it. Tuesday was my follow-up appointment, and the condition had worsened. They quickly sent me a block away to the Labor & Delivery floor of the hospital to monitor me, the baby, and to ensure I wasn't having contractions. Everything turned out 'okay,' but I was prescribed bed rest for the next 10 weeks. The concern now is that I will go into pre-term labor, and to prevent that, bedrest seemed like the safest medicine.


We are confused, shocked, and have many questions. Yet, we are also hopeful, optimistic, and grateful everyone is healthy.  This week we have the opportunity to meet with a high-risk doctor, and are eager to ask questions and hopefully receive more answers.

We are so thankful to have a supportive community nearby, family, and friends. I'm day 3 into bedrest, and several friends have already stopped by to keep me company. 

So blessed. 


2 comments:

Cindy said...

You know we're praying for you. Maybe you can paint while on bedrest! :)

Love you,

Unknown said...

Glad you are doing ok. Praying for you! Everything you are doing is being a great mommy and daddy already!