Wednesday, April 16, 2008

hokie spokes, my thoughts on finding an apartment-- and a man

After looking at places to live in Blacksburg today, we found one we really looooove!

It's right in the heart of downtown Blacksburg, above a bicycle shop called Hokie Spokes! It has so much character, is really small and cozy, and I want to live there!! It's as much city life as we could possibly live. And I love the idea of telling people that I live there. The rest of what we saw didn't make me excited... they all looked the same. I almost liken finding a place to live like "finding" a man. Though you may laugh, it feels strangely similar. I could settle for a guy who is nice and would make a decent husband-- but wouldn't I want a guy who would make me excited to say that I am with him?! Well, of course! Strange analogy, but I think it's true.

So, you walk up the door to the right of HOKIE SPOKES and a stairwell leads you up to the quaint apartment.


2 comments:

nee said...

it's so freakin cute! i love it. i'm totally gonna hang out on the roof of mike's grill.

i like the apartment/man analogy... it just works. no, i don't want no scrubs!

jessica said...

hahaha love it