Tuesday, May 27, 2008

i'm lazy

my sweet mother came over to my place for a solid 5 hours to help me pack up my apartment. first of all, i have too much stuff. way too much stuff. i desire to lead a much simpler life than i do.

by the end of the packing time and as we were talking afterwards, i realized that i am very lazy. the reason i buy gifts or cards and don't end up sending them to people is because i'm lazy. wow, i've never called or considered myself that, and it really makes me angry. so, i want to fight this and become a harder worker. i'm praying through a few verses that will hopefully encourage me to not be lazy.

"For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either.
For we hear that some among you are leading an undisciplined life, doing no work at all, but acting like busybodies.
Now such persons we command and exhort in the Lord Jesus Christ to work in quiet fashion and eat their own bread."
2 Thessalonians 3:10-12

"A lazy man does not roast his prey, but the precious possession of a man is diligence."
Proverbs 12:27

"Not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
Romans 12:11


2 comments:

The Zufall Family said...

Hey Tiff! Here's another verse that's been good for me as I'm prone to laziness as well. It gives a good balance of "work your tail off" and "dance in the grace of God." :)

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them — yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

Eric

Unknown said...

thanks eric! i loooove that verse in 1 corin.... and i've never used it in quite this context before. so good!