Wednesday, May 14, 2008

ramblings of a novice

novice
noun
a person new to or inexperienced in a field or situation

I realized this evening that I am, indeed, a novice. That's a much nicer-sounding word than newbie, beginner or rookie. Novice sounds like I'm going somewhere, have direction, am educated and sophisticated yet lack experience because of my age.

Words mean a lot more to me than I've previously thought. This is supposedly one of the toughest transitions of my life-- at least that's what everyone is telling me. And I believe them. How can I argue when I have never gone through it? I'm not sure why I would want to argue either, considering how many people I know who are going through this transition or have just gone through it... and it was so difficult for them.

Even as hard as it may be, I would like to keep a record of my feelings during this period. I'm not really sure what to call this season of my life yet-- hopefully some hip, cool and clever name-- but I will nonetheless write about my experience as a recent college graduate, who hasn't any clear direction of what to do with her life. Please follow me while I learn to live independent of external financial help (parentals) and dependent on God.

I assure you this will be entertaining, messy, and most of all a learning experience...

No comments: