Saturday, May 31, 2008

multi-tasking creatures

let me tell you, i have really been enjoying the weather lately. it all started when my a/c broke in my car about 2 weeks ago and i've been driving with the windows down all the time. i love experiencing the sounds of the street, people, cars, and music drowned out by the wind. (i've actually missed my turn several times because i'm so distracted). seeing people walk down the street, staring at the driver next to me at the stoplight, city lights, and watching the blurry trees whip past me. what i noticed most tonight was the smell. the smell of wind, of humidity, of the country versus the city, and of the italian restaurant's dinner menu.

the crazy thing, though, is that we can listen, see, and smell (as well as drive and think) all at the same time. we're innately multi-taskers. God made our bodies to perform countless functions simultaneously. i don't understand what goes on internally, but i am so thankful we are complex creatures. it's all a part of God's mystery.

2 comments:

Daniel Brinneman said...

I went through 4 years of the "windows down" in hot weather. Finally a friend repaired my a/c unit for me as a gift.

Jim said...

street light people. hold on to that feeling