Friday, September 12, 2008

when i am weak, then i am strong

I just got back tonight from a jam-packed week in Philly. I'm still processing a lot of the info given to me, but I wanted to write a little before I hit the sack.

Being in a "class" or group with some amazing others was definitely a highlight of the week. It was really encouraging being around those with similar career paths. Hearing their life stories and all that God has done for them further convinced me that this is where My Father wants me right now. I felt so loved by the WHM Office/Sending Center the entire week, and I couldn't ask for a more prayerful group of people! From the food to the car rides, foosball games to Betsy's iced caramel lattes, conversations to homemade dinners every night... I cannot describe to you the love and care I feel from the people I spent time with.

I am so moved and thankful for everything. I feel this constant bear hug around me right now.... haha!

And to make things a little more clear, I am now beginning to raise support for my time in Spain. Prayer would be greatly appreciated and needed, because I cannot do any of this on my own, and I am hoping to depart in March (which means not very much time to raise funds!) I am holding strongly to the verse when God speaks to Paul: "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness" (2 Cor. 12:9).

Then, Paul continues with, "Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

thanks for your prayers and i'll keep you posted along this journey.


No comments: