Monday, July 02, 2012

pregnancy highlights | 25 weeks

how far along: 25 weeks
due date: October 10
size of baby: cauliflower, 14 in., 2 lbs.

gender: girl!
movement: yes... less than the past few weeks, but you won't hear me complaining. It makes me happy when she's moving around now. 
symptoms: I don't believe so, but bedrest is giving me ample rest and people are feeding me really well.  
food cravings: sweet things: doughnuts, fruits, brownies, peanut butter, popsicles, ice cream! 
maternity clothes:  my uniform is typically leggings and t-shirts (see below picture).
what I miss: being around lots of people. I love having visitors so much, but it's typically 1 or 2 people at a time. When this little one arrives, I will be more than eager to get out of the house with her!
best moment of the week: I loved going to a party thrown by my neighbors upstairs. I got to squeeze into a dress, fix my hair, and meet new people! I also loved having my cousin & her boyfriend stop by on their way to Jersey. However, it's been a mostly sad week for me. At my doctor's appointment on Monday, we heard that despite bedrest and medicine, I am not getting better. Then on Friday my husband went away to his hometown for a week. It's bittersweet because his sister is getting married next week (!!!!), but we were supposed to be on our vacation this week and I am missing her wedding! Not to mention my honey is gone for 10 days. Thankfully, my mom arrives tomorrow to hang out with me. :)
getting ready: My first shower has been planned, so that's exciting! I look forward to being around a lot of friends and family in a month. 
daddy: I am really happy he's able to get away from work and house chores for a week. He deserves a vacation - a time to rest, refuel, and sleep in. (Selfishly, I just want him at home, though.) 
prayer requests: Please pray that Jon can rest and be encouraged by his family. Pray for Tiff's health - physically and emotionally. Lastly, pray this Baby Girl will wait a couple months to make her debut. 

{25 weeks}
We are so humbled by those who have sent us encouraging notes and packages, as well as all the meals coming in. We're forever thankful and believe the Lord is teaching us so much about community, service, and love during this time. 

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Love you Tiffany. Still praying for her to stay in there until the right time. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

thank you, Aunt Cindy. love you too!